Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OuT oF THe oFFiCe CoNT...

I've been home for a little more than a week, so I think it's time to write. A lot happened in Orlando since I was there for almost 2 1/2 weeks. It started out fun and great and slowly started to get frustrating and lonely. Here's a quick recap:

I got in on a Monday, and the next few days following that, I went to lunch with my dad and brother, saw Craig at his new Mercedes job and saw my dad at his Honda job, slept over at Teya's house to spend time with her and Bryleigh, went to the last winning magic game and signed myself up for life ins. Later in the week was our friends Liz & Brian's wedding. I was happy to throw the "rehearsal" dinner, I say it with "" because there wasn't a real rehearsal dinner, so I threw a "night before the wedding day dinner". I surprised them with some little decorations to make it more personal. It was really cute, and we had a great time, went out for wine later and then I got to stay with the bride in the hotel the night before. It was special being there with Liz to help her get ready and see her get into her dress. The wedding was a small one, but had a very pretty location and GREAT food!! Saturday and Sunday I didn't do much. I had a full week ahead of me, my sister's b-day party, Sea World, Island of Adventure, meet people for dinner, lunch and wine nights. 

Liz & Brian Oberdick!!

Justin, Teya & I at the last winning Magic game of the season

Bryleigh & I in front of the dolphin tank @ Sea World


Laura, our cousin Carlin & I
What I've finally realized: Where I live and who I married, are exactly where and who i'm supposed to be with. The one person that will never "cancel" on me, who cares about my feelings and our life together is Darin, and being here with him, and it being only him and I is the perfect place to be. Although I had a great time at the theme parks and at Laura's b-day party, the week started out on a downward take. Darin's been gone for almost 2 years and i've been gone for 1 year next month. I don't know if it's because Darin didn't come back with me or something but the visit felt different this time. It almost feels like our friends have moved on in life with out us. I mean, I guess it happens when everyone's lives change. I just didn't expect to get canceled on and left out of things. I felt so bad one night I begged a friend to get wine with me just so I didn't have to sit at home all night. It's a horrible feeling to go home and beg for friends and have to call everyone and invite yourself to things, when I think it should be the other way around. I think if we're visiting, people would call us and do the inviting and plan making. It felt pretty crappy to be left out of things, you feel so unwanted when nobody takes an extra step to call you. I used to be excited to go to Orlando because we have no friends here in Nassau, so seeing our friends in Orlando was always something I looked forward to and was excited about....I may not be so excited to go to Orlando next time, but i'll still be happy to go, i'm just not going to make an effort making plans anymore and put myself in that kind of situation. If people want to see us, if they miss us, they'll just have to call.

1 comment:

  1. Bryleigh, Justin and I are always so excited to see you both!! We love and miss you every day!!! We wish we could visit you more, just know we wish so badly we could. And when your here for a visit we wish we could spend every moment with you!! Don't be sad. or not wanted. Its hard when peoples lives change and feeling like the one left out. Trust me, I've been the married one with a kid for the longest time and feel a little left out. it's part of growing up. But we we will always have each other my little BPDT, cowgirl, whoadat, "6", zubli #3, angel!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete