Saturday, November 17, 2012

BacK tO rEALitY

Can't believe it's been a MONTH since Europe! I've gotten to know Sarah (my first friend here) really well. She says lets do something and sets it up, she keeps my free time busy and active. Unlike Nassau when I had days off I sat at home and did chores (no fun), but here Sarah and I have signed up for a gym membership and we go EVERY morning, needless to say i've been sore the last 3 weeks, but it feels kinda good. Two days a week we take a spin class at 9am, I like to call it "sweat fest" because i'm soaked of sweat after. I've realized how necessary it is for me to exercise these days and at first I couldn't make it through the warm up, but once I figured out the resistance and the beat to ride to it's become a lot easier...I still haven't made it though a whole class but i'm close! Yesterday's class I bumped up the resistance and WHOA does it make a difference, talk about jello legs! Sarah and I've also went paddle boarding on the west coast where the water is flat (most of the time) and so clear that we found a few turtles swimming! I signed up for surfing lessons, yes I know my husband surfs but would you rather learn to do something from a friend who does it or by a pro? I think pro. Darin doesn't understand but I told him after I get the "real basics", i'll go out with him and he can give me pointers and stuff like that. I've been twice and the first time I did awesome! Top of the class too! Sadly the second time I went, I can't count....my first time standing up on the board, I tweaked my hip/groin area and couldn't even lift my leg to step, I kinda dragged it. I was a little nervous but took some Advil and didn't work out the next day and rested on the couch. That's all I needed and now I feel so much better! Sarah and I talked about volunteering at the local RSPCA here and the next day she set it up so we went. I thought we'd go for a little bit every now and then but thanks to my "go big or go home" friend,  she started going every day, so I requested we make a schedule lol.....now we go Tuesdays and Thursdays. We walk all the pups, feed them, bathe some, love on them and have "chats" (what Sarah likes to say I do, when I sit in the grass with them). While I have lots of active stuff to do, I still help Darin with lots of stuff at work which keeps me busy on the other days. Life so far is great here, we've made friends and enjoy our home on the beach. Things are so close we can walk and we're constantly adjusting and learning new things about Barbados every day....hopefully someone will visit us soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment