Wednesday, April 16, 2014

BeAch TiME

We're approaching the 3 month mark and so much has change in the last week and some. Gem has become quite the smiley little baby, she's always happy, just chatting away and she loves when we listen to music. My favorite smile is the one in the morning when I get to her crib and she sees me, she's all swaddled up and just gives me the biggest smile, I need to get that on video soon!! She's gone from 4 hrs at night to 6 hrs the last 3 nights, lets hope it stays that way!

Last week our friends had a house for a few days on the East coast so we went up for 2 days to play at the beach with them. Gem has put her toes in the water a few weeks ago but it was cold that day and a little rough, so while on the East coast at low tide the rocks make these little pools that all the kids play in so Darin brought Gem in and she LOVED IT!! She smiled and her legs were going a mile a min under the water jumping on the sand and we learned she is SUPER buoyant! So glad she loved it because if she didn't then we aren't sure what we're gonna do with her, all we do here are things that involve water.

We had some sticky eye boogies last week and went to the Dr but it wasn't pink eye (PHEW!!), just a little irritation maybe a small start to an infection so we got some eye drops and those have helped SO much, plus Gem is a super star and the drops don't bother her one bit :)

I've started doing crossfit with 2 of my friends last week and ouch!!!! I could barely walk for about 4 days lol, feels good to get back to working out though. I have 6lbs till my pre baby weight which is great for not working out or breastfeeding which helps loose the lbs. Happy to get back to that weight where I felt right, I felt like me :) Plus I have to wear a Kadooment costume in 4 months.....so I must look fab!

Last Sunday Darin and I went out with our friends to Harbour Lights because they launched their costumes for Kadooment which is always one of the biggest parties of the year. Since all of our friends were going, we had to get a sitter for Gem! Tanya helped us and referred a friend, so when she (the sitter) came over a little early to meet us and meet Gem we instantly felt at ease. Never having to give instructions to take care of a baby before, I tried the best I could lol. We'd left at 5:30 and a few hours later, she texted us when Gem ate and was down in bed just fine :) We got home around 10:30pm and all was good in the Doty house. Our sitter said Gem was so good, such a happy baby and she'd love to come watch her again if we needed another date night!

This weekend is Easter and though i'd love to be home and go to church and spend time with our families we'll be spending time here with our island families and having a big big lunch! Candice came in town and rented a house on the East coast in Bathsheba and since Friday and Monday are holiday's, Darin has 4 days off and we're headed up to stay with Candice!! Last Easter we only had ourselves to pack, this year should be interesting because we have to pack Gem for the long weekend also. Can't wait to get up there and lay in the hammock and enjoy the nice breeze on my face :)


    First time in the ocean April 13, 2014

Gemma Loves:
-bath time
-watching mommy in the kitchen
-snugs in mom and dad's bed in the morning
-having her first baby sitter so mom and dad can go out

Gemma Hates:
-STILL hates tummy time and licks the fabric the whole time, if this is the only thing she    doesn't like, I can handle it :)

Gemma Stats @ 3 months: 
11lbs, 21.50 inches               

No comments:

Post a Comment