Thursday, February 2, 2012

BarBaDoS

THIS WEEK in our life......we got to visit Barbados for a week. Originally Darin was going to get the shop demolition started and interview some people, but it ended up that I got to join!! I was asked to do a comprehensive demographic report for the investors and directors of the company while I was there. At first I had absolutely NO clue what that meant, but with the help of some special people in my life, lol, I think i've slowly figured it out. You'd be surprised how much I know about this island now that I probably would of never known. It's kind of like my homework with a professional report attached. I have a feeling i'll go above and beyond my duties, but it's just because i'm not sure what to put in it so i'll just put in everything. I'm sure that's not all you want to hear about sooooo......i'll talk about the island. Barbados is pretty awesome. The structure and roads remind me a lot of Nassau, not so "pretty" but lots of older buildings they're trying to preserve, roads that are super narrow from the "horse" days and almost like poverty next to the rich. All of that i'm used to so I don't mind it at all. Barbados though, has LOTS of beach access, plenty of bars and restaurants on the water and on the beach, plenty of world class surf spots, tons of people our age and so much to do at night! Everyone we met says "trust me, you'll fall in love living here", I can't help but be so excited about this place. I have a lot to learn, with the health system and having kids, as well as the school systems here, but i've heard it's not at all bad and the schools here are really great!! Darin and I have looked at a few places to live and we love all 3, but the 3rd is WAY out of our price range, even though i'd love to have a pool on my second floor which is also the roof top of the building, UGH!!! So the first two will be just fine if we can negotiate the right price (which I think we will). We're stayed in a few places one was our realtor's guest house, which is PERRRRFECT! It's right on the beach, with a hammock, and the waves to listen to, the breeze, a bar just a short walk down the beach, just the best little set up. I can't wait to be there and live there and have all of our stuff in one place, FINALLY!! The flight wasn't bad, 3 hrs from Miami, where Darin's last trip was 3hrs 45mins. It went by pretty fast, especially since there was an in flight movie and a tv show after.  COME VISIT!!! I'll post some more when I get home, until then.....enjoy the pics as usual!!

Oh yea, and don't be jealous that sea rocks can spell our name and not yours, ours is just that awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment