Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend in Nassau, groceries in Freeport

Right after my last post on the 29th of June, Darin came into the room and said "pack your bags, we're going to Nassau for a few days"....WHAT!? Darin had to help Chad out with some shop stuff so we packed a book bag each and waited for our ride to the airport. 3 outfits and 7 days later we're home and glad to wear some other clothes and sleep in our own sheets. 3 outfits was not enough, and I'll definitely be packing more the next time we go for "a few days". On the flight sitting in the seat right in front of us was a Nassau Pawn ad!! Darin was happy to see the advertisement made it on the plane! lol....Being in Nassau it was nice seeing Emily (it was her birthday) and the baby and the kids. We got sushi for Emily's birthday, which was A LOT of food. We went to the mall, beach, straw market, Starbucks, senior frogs (awesome fish tacos), and Emily and I saw Eclipse together for her birthday. One of the good things about this trip was that Darin and Chad didn't have to go see Eclipse, Emily and I had each other and the guys were thankful for that. Later in the week, I think Saturday Emily and I dropped the boys off at work and headed to the bookstore. I HAD to get Breaking Dawn, and Emily wanted the side book to Eclipse that tells another story of little girl vampire. She read it in a day! lol, i'm still working on mine, and should be done today. Chad Darin and I went out with a local friend, Adam, to some cool places. Compass Point which the manager told darin to try this 25yr old rum, and I had to try this other vodka. You could of drank them on the rocks it was so good. We went to Krazy Johnny's, where a live cover band of the 70's plays and they were awesome! When they stopped playing around 1am, Adam brought us to another place downtown. It was upstairs somewhere, not even sure what it was called, but it was really cool. We met these 2 guys that went to Dr. Phillips High School (a rival school to mine) and graduated my year, they had mullets and sunglasses on with crazy mustaches. Super long night, we got home after 4am. One of the crappy things about island life is that everything closes around 5-6pm....so no late night McDonalds or Taco Bell. There is a place that we stopped at and they served cracked conch, chicken and fries. A little sketchy that late at night but we made it home.

We got back home (Freeport) yesterday. We needed groceries and Darin told me to go bymyself and see how I did. I went to one last week with him, but not this one. I told him he had to go places with me atleast once and then I could go alone. Plus i've never driven the car before and it's quite large. So we both went. The cool thing about this store is the coupons! Depends how much you spend and they give you 5cents back. You have to put the stamps on paper to equal a dollar, and you can use them next time you shop, we have $3 so far and I keep them organized in a little book. Today, we plan on going to sign up for the gym right down the street. We'll see how well this goes. I don't really have much to do so I think i'll be going when I get up in the mornings to go. You can jog down the beach to it and have a nice jog back home too.

No comments:

Post a Comment