Sunday, October 17, 2010

Social Networking & Riding Scooters

The past few days have been so SO nice out!! Sunny, a little breezy and cool!! We've taken advantage of the scooter we have, and it's been so much fun!! I pray for no bugs in my mouth and none to smack me on my forehead while Darin speeds down the streets. He goes in and out of the middle dotted lines, trying to miss the little reflectors between each one. Today we went to Garden of the Groves. It's a tourist attraction here and i'm not all about seeing bushes and trees, but we heard there was a cool restaurant there. We arrived fresh off the scooter, and it's $15 to get in...I kinda told the lady we wanted to check out the restaurant and walked in...not really sure what she was saying to us as we passed, but oh well!! The little cafe was extended over a good size pond that had 2 waterfalls pouring into it! Really cool place, they even have a good looking menu but we'd just eaten my famous bagel, egg, bacon and cheese sandwich, so we didn't eat. Next time for sure!! I did try a "bloody cesar" which was awesome!! Our friends Britton and Noel were there, and they recommended it. Kind of like a bloody mary I guess. When we left I asked the lady what was in it if it wasn't a bloody mary, and good thing I didn't ask her before I sucked it down or I would of never gotten it! It's clamato juice, worcestershire sauce, tabasco and vodka....doesn't sound that bad untill I asked what clamato juice was, um CLAM JUICE mixed with tomato juice!!! EWWWW....but i'd already had it and it was pretty darn awesome! So, i'll have it again next time!



Since i've recently become a "tweeter" i've learned how to hook it up to my facebook so when I tweet, it goes right to my facebook also.....hopefully people won't be annoyed if I update my status/tweet more often. I'm still not 100% sure how twitter works, what the RT means and the tagging people and it not showing on their pages, but I guess that's how it's supposed to work? I've also noticed people posting pictures, and they're links. So you click on a link to be directed to the picture...pretty easy, but I can't figure it out...so after a friend recommends something I try it but I can't find the app on my iphone, so i'm goggle-ing "how to upload pictures to twitter using an iphone". I've found there's 5 ways...I tried one and it didn't seem to work, so I tried "twitpic" and downloaded that app and now it's super easy!! Now if I "tweet" it goes to my facebook and to this blog!!! Social networking is so nuts, I can't believe we can do 1/2 the stuff on the internet by a few clicks of the mouse and automatically your iphone, facebook, twitter, blog and email are all synced!!! Boggles my mind!!!

I leave for Miami Thursday thanks to my FABULOUS friend Fabiola!!! She did get my ticket with Doty on it and not de Clercq Zubli so hopefully customs in the states will be nice to me with just a copy of my marriage liscense....nobody cares here lol.....MIAMI HERE I COME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment