Monday, October 4, 2010

Perks & Football

Well this coming weekend we were going to attempt to go to Cuba. Didn't quite work out since the shop is opened on Saturdays. There is a holiday on Tuesday the 12th but the shop would be open Monday, so.....we can't go. Tuesday's holiday is Bahamas Discovery Day, kinda like a Columbus Day for the U.S. Update about East sushi....it's officially closed! Our sushi chief came into the shop today and said it's closed since last week :( Now we don't know where to eat. Guess we'll have to venture out to find something else we love. As for the shop, it's doing GREAT! Still really busy most days, Thursdays seems to be the slow day of the week while Monday and Saturday's are the craziest, and they do very well. I got my second perk from Darin working at a pawn shop last week!!! My first was the stone in my engagement ring, which I still can't believe a pawn shop could produce such a good diamond, but it's possible!! My second however is my new pearl ring! I've wanted a pearl ring for so so long, it's my birthstone and I look at them whenever i'm in a jewelry store. They're so expensive though, just a pearl or maybe a few diamonds around it...I could never just buy one, and spend the money on it. Well....last week one came into the shop with a pearl set, necklace, bracelet, earrings and a ring!! I fell in love immediately!! It was PERFECT!! I asked Darin if he could split the set, just the ring. Needless to say, I now have myself one of the prettiest pearl rings i've yet to see!!! I love it!! Just one pearl, with little diamonds around it. You don't wanna know what I paid for it or you may just stop breathing!

So Sunday's now are "fantasy football" days. There's a sports bar called Sparky's that we like to go to, and it's free wings all day, and good beer specials. Darin and I downloaded the yahoo fantasy football app for our iphones, so we sit there and stare at the tv while updating the stats on our phones to check out the points. Darin won last weekend, but so far this weekend he's losing, still one game left tonight, we'll see if his team pulls though! The people at Sparky's are super nice, though they don't serve food till 5pm. There's one guy named Raffy, and he now knows to go get frenchfries for me around 3pm with mayo and mustard on the side from a nearby restaurant! Who knew!! I think it's the coolest thing that he does that for me every Sunday now, extra tip his way!!

I think this weekend we're gonna head to "the hole", basically a place you just go to jump in a hole. Darin's done it before with Chad, and I want to see this "hole" but prob won't jump in. I jumped off a cliff in Turks and Caicos, but that water was super clear, this hole Darin says isn't as high, but you can't see in the water....that part freaks me out. I think i'll just watch the guys jump. I haven't been to the beach in a few weeks....so i'm hoping to make it there (down the street) this weekend also, as well as watch football.

Something new:
-we've started to pack our lunches...and finding out it saves tons of money
-our "dinosaur" is on the fritz
-wendy's breakfast is served with waffle fries instead of hashbrowns
-Darin finally got his temp work permit!!! YAY!!
-I can't get mail at the shop, had some stuff sent and found out I need a p.o. box and i'll probably never see what was coming :(
-medication is super cheap here, and with out insurance!!
-compliments go a long long way

p.s. the video of my 10 day trip to orlando is almost done!! it has everyone in it, I mean everyone!! Till next time....toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment