Monday, November 22, 2010

Atlantis & Gambling

Yesterday was one of the best days living on an island. We got wrist bands thanks to Jerry, to play in the Atlantis water park for the day. I'd gone earlier in the week with 2 other people, Daniel and Jess who were here for a pawn meeting/honeymoon....we had such a blast!!! On Sunday (yesterday) I wanted to go so so so bad and Darin was being all poopie and lazy saying "it's my only day off I don't want to do anything" so my point exactly...it's your day off, lets do something fun!!! Last Sunday we woke up at 2pm, so this Sunday we were going to do something FUN!! And FUN we had!! OMGosh this place is so COOL!! You feel like a 10yr old who gets off a ride only to grab another tube and run up the stairs again. There's about 8 rides, 6 with tubes and 2 with out. Pretty sure we got to them all. It was the first official use of my new Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 underwater camera. It held up nicely, was used as my paddle when the current in the lazy river took me away from Darin, the sound is nice, the pictures are great! So thumbs up to my sweet little camera!! Enjoy a few pics and a video i've posted. One day i'd love to go again, not sure when that will be though. (sorry if the video is a little blurry on here)


Today was my first day at the shop "working" yep, I work there!! Just part time, I do administrative stuff, and help out where I'm needed....Darin puts me to work, and soon he'll have 3 shops to run here so i'm sure i'll be keeping busy. Fine with me though, my hours are great...I make them up!! :) I usually go in around 10am and leave around 4 or 4:30pm to beat the traffic home and start dinner. Tonight is special BECAUSE we play the "numbers game" or the "lottery" here and you just pick 3 numbers and play in the 4 houses; Miami, Chicago, NY, and I forget the other. You can play as many 3 digit numbers as you want for .50 or $1 whatever. I always choose 327, favorite number is 3 and i'm 27. Darin and Bobby at the shop have played it a few times but nothing's happened. Now....when you play 327, you also win if it says 372, 723, 732, 327, 237, all the combos. If you bet on straight, then it HAS to be 327 what you bet. SO today Bobby comes up to me and asks for a number real fast, I'm like 327 duh, why ask? He's like uhhhh I don't know about that one today, I told him just play it, your mean if you don't! So, he plays......later on today, he comes jumping around in the back, GUESS WHAT NUMBER PLAYED!!! what what?? Bobby says 723!! OMGosh my numbers!! I asked how much he made off me and he keeps jumping around the store and finally say $600!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap! I should of played my number today, for .50 cents!? HA! So maybe i'll play tomorrow. Bobby and the boys are coming over for beer and to grill out steaks on his tab! I only made $25 off the deal...next time I'm gonna win! Darin always plays 611 (for our anniv.) and 407, my mom tells him to play 614, and I play 327, so he always plays those 4, he won the first day but none since. He also doesn't play 3 times a day like Bobby. We play like once every couple days....our odds aren't as good. So i'm marinating steaks.....gotta run and get ready for the boys to come over!! See you!

1 comment:

  1. My anniversary is 3/27..I predict you'll win big soon. I can feel it...Ahhhh, thankaaa youuu Hectoorr (p.s. this is Jamie, not Daryl)

    ReplyDelete