Friday, November 19, 2010

Busy busy...

It's been so long....oops! Life is a little crazy here. It's been SOOOOO busy, i've worked my butt off organizing the shop like a mad woman! It's paid off though, shop looks good, paperwork is all organized in files, and there's no crap just sitting around, everything has it's place! I really enjoy being at the shop, maybe not all day but most of my day. I think this line of work is so interesting, I absorb it all. I think Darin gets a little frustrated because I constantly ask questions and talk about stuff and he's so busy or so tired from the day i'm just the pest that means his day can't end because I keep talking about it. I'm just so interested, and I have opinions I want to share. Lots is happening with the shop here in Nassau. A new one is opening soon in like a week or so that Darin will have to open, and then be running 2 shops on the island. Jamaica just opened it's first about a week ago and it's second shop is being renovated a little then opening very soon. This business is exploding with new shops!! I can't wait to travel to all of them one day. We'll be in Nassau for a little while so I hope everyone can make it out for a weekend trip sometime.

Our house here is the same, one shower, and now 2 toilets for 4 people.....and most of the time 5. It's very frustrating waiting for your shower in the morning because the working one is in another room, so we have to wait for the person to wake up before we can shower (which is what i'm doing now). Boomer (Chad and Emily's dog they had to leave behind until he got his doggie health certificate) wakes us up promptly at 7:30am because our door doesn't close. It shuts, just doesn't click closed, so he can push it open with his nose and come in to jump on the bed. I've learned before going to bed to put one of our suitcases in front of the door so he can't push it open, it's worked so far. Driving here is like no where else. If my mom was here she'd have the death grip on everything she could grab in the car. Honking is not a mean, get out of the way kind of thing, it's more like a thanks or go ahead kind of thing. Sometimes I honk because everyone else is honking in an intersection. The other day I should of recorded the pile of cars honking just for the sound effect.

I'm trying to think of a "Doty Family" tradition we can start. I saw painted Christmas ornaments in Atlantis yesterday and I want to get one and put "our first Christmas" on it. That's just for one year though, I don't know what to do for every year. I have some time to think about it, but any ideas would be helpful.

A few things:
1. I don't like the sushi here, I miss Freeport's sushi place
2. There's nothing to do when it rains here
3. Currently still living out of my suitcase, no closet space and no hangers
4. I so badly want my pots and pans here
5. There IS a STARBUCKS!!! I couldn't be happier!
6. I hate sweeping
7. You can drink and drive
8. Being happy with what you've got is how you'll get through life
9. Adjusting to a "full" bed is NOT a fun thing
10. I want a dog so bad
11. Can't wait to come home for the holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment