Saturday, November 6, 2010

First Day in Nassau...

First day's been a great one...had a good shower and went grocery shopping!! Sounds good right? HA!! I was informed waking up this morning, as I said to Darin, i'm gonna go shower he says you can't. I can't? Why? We had a leak and we're not sure where it's coming from upstairs. So this is a couple days ago, and when did these boys shower last??? Yea. Apparently there's a "plumber" guy coming but he hasn't shown up yet. There's always the pool shower outside at the community pool we can use, but we have to wait till the wind dies down from the hurricane because the waves are crashing over the wall where we'd shower at. Out of 4 toilets 1 is working. They are on a pressure system so when we flush, it's basically the toilets decision if it's going to work today or not, or maybe flush now or in 30mins...lol. So that's my early morning. I head off to the food store after the boys go to work. I got a nice 2008 Nissan Sentra (pawn car) to drive me there. I get $220 worth of groceries and i'm driving home with my trunk full realizing I have to walk, yes, WALK about a 4 house street length from the front of our complex to get my groceries inside. I didn't have the clicker to the gate to get up to the house. So I took a trip with as much as I could with the light bags on my right arm so I can still reach the key pad to put the code in for the walking gate up front. Returned for my second load wich looked a little heavier, had some trouble lifting my arm for the key pad this time, put some stuff down, let myself in and made it about half way and put some of my load down to finish the rest of my journey. Don't worry I went back to pick up the stragler bags 1/2 way back. So everything is sitting in bags in the kitchen, cold stuff to and what am I doing? Sitting on the couch, out of breath writting this. I did open the sliding door and all I hear are the waves crashing out back. It's a soothing sound, they make machines that say so...but I have the real thing. I guess the $220 struggle of a walk I had earlier was worth it to be here. I'm gonna make some hot rasberry tea and put away the groceries. Hopefully the rest of my first day won't have as many surprises as this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment