Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SinKiNg iN

We FINALLY live in somewhat of the 21st century here, meaning we finally have internet after fighting for over a month with the cable company here. Hopefully i'll be able to blog more often like i've been wanting to.

Lately Darin and I have been missing our group of friends. Our friends in Orlando and our other group of friends we had in Freeport. We don't have that group here, it's really just me and Darin. We've had people here recently and then we went home for a long weekend and I think it's setting in that it's just us now. We met a couple who we went to dinner with one night, just wish they lived here. Why can't we meet people that live here? As a newly married couple we're doing great on our own. We don't really fight and for as much time as we spend together, I guess it's a good thing. We have our tv shows that we love and we download the other shows from the channels we don't get. We download movies and have lots of movie nights, every Sunday we bring Boomer to the beach for the day and other than that, Darin works full time and I do part time. It's a very easy, carefree life we have here, but it's also sad sometimes because we miss our friends and family to do things with. We definitely save money, that's for sure.

I go home in 2 1/2 weeks for another friends wedding and also for my sisters 23rd birthday. Geez that makes me feel old! I loved 23, it was my favorite year, a life changing year and hopefully it will be for Laura too, in only the best way possible of course!

1 comment:

  1. i love the blog, melissa! have wondered how you're doing out there.....sounds like alot of atlantis! and the beautiful waters....

    i hope that hurricane irene wasn't too much of an issue for you....!

    ok...i'll keep tabs on you from here!

    michele (your dad's cousin).

    ReplyDelete