Sunday, April 24, 2011

To tHe StATeS!

This past week was all about getting what I do at the shop squared away for Darin to do, and to get it easy enough for him to do it during his hectic day. I'll be gone for 2 weeks and my job is really just a LOT of busy work. We started a new bonus system which is AWESOME and I got a marker board to keep track of who's winning the weekly bonus and the monthly bonus. Hopefully my desk won't be a disaster when I get back in 2 weeks.

Speaking of my desk, what about the house! I've learned in life I can be an enabler. I enable my brother when I lived with him by taking care of ALL the bills, grocery shopping, mail, SOME laundry, cleaning, really a list of stuff. After I moved he's done pretty well at taking care of it, only paying the electric late twice and the mortgage once (yikes!!). I like to think when I leave this house for 2 weeks, my enabling abilities for the household (because I do a lot of that stuff) won't rub off when I leave it to Boomer and Darin. That laundry won't be everywhere, Boomer's hair won't cover the floor, ants won't be invading left over food everywhere, dishes won't be piled in the sink, it won't smell like a dumpster and sheets be clean when I get home. I feel like I do this stuff all day long, so while i'm gone, who's going to make dinner for Darin and going to do his dishes while he sits on the couch and plays call of duty??? He's a good husband, so I think he'll have everything caught up for me when I get home :) , even if he has to hustle the day before I get back. If my brother can do it, anyone can do it! 

Organized enabler:
I'm pretty sure i'm an enabler because i'm organized and don't think other people can do it as well as I can so I just do it myself. It's in my blood to be organized and have things done right away and not tomorrow. I can't leave the house with dishes in the sink, I can't leave laundry un-hung, I don't like 1 piece of dog hair on the floor, I have to make my bed and all my labels have to face forward. I do try and let go of some things....so this laid back lifestyle definitely helps me not be such a freak sometimes.

ADIOS!!! See you Orlandonians tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment