Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My BirThDAy!

This year i'm 28!! Geez time flies after high school! Darin and I went out to this sushi place called Nobu in Atlantis. Everyone keeps saying how expensive it is so we looked online at the menu only to see it's about what every other sushi place is priced at here. So we went anyways. I love Atlantis, anything to do with it I love doing. I told Darin as we were driving over the bridge, "isn't is so cool that we live next door to Atlantis, a place where people save and save to come here on one big trip and we can come here everyday?" I just love it! Nobu is a nice place, really modern inside, good sushi selection and tempura selection! Darin asked how many pieces you get in a rol and our server said "6", so that's normal, but when we got our food, Darin's "6" pieces added up to about 2 that he usually eats. They were so small, it was like a kids sushi meal!! We laughed and agreed THIS is why everyone says it's expensive, because you have to get 3 or 4 rolls just to feel like you ate something! After dinner we stopped in the Atlantis marina marketplace for candy from the cool candy shop they have and walked around to look at all the pretty yachts. The night was great, so good to spend that kind of time with Darin, working together doesn't count as quality time. 


I got a really awesome pair of headphones for my birthday. I've been wanting some Skullcandy headphones but we don't have those here. Thankfully for Darin, our friend Adam's girlfriend was coming down and he had her bring some. So I was totally surprised when I got them! They're so cool, I love them!!
yep, these are awesome!

We're also headed over to Treasure Cay this weekend for July 4th. Since the Bahamas doesn't celebrate it, July 4th is pretty boring over here. What better way to spend it but with other Americans down here for the holiday!! We're SOOO excited to be going back over to Abaco, it's so beautiful and the beaches are perfect!! What better way to end my birthday week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment