Wednesday, June 1, 2011

OJ 2 fOr $5

You know it's going to be a good day here in the Bahamas when you wake up and your shower pressure is 100%! Usually it's at a 75%, which is good, just not great. I was correct saying that to myself in the shower today. I went to a new food store and found DEALS!!!! I've been looking forward to going for weeks and just haven't had the time to go. It's kind of like a sams or costco in the states, but here it's Phils! I walked in not expecting to get much because it's all in bulk, but leave it to the Bahamians to take apart packages and piece meal it (is that how you say take 1 out of 4 in the pack?). Most of the stuff was still in the packages that I ended up buying, but I surprisingly found good deals!!


Here's a small breakdown:
My OJ I usually buy is $4.90 at SuperValue but at Phils it was 2 for $5! I was SHOCKED! My meat was so much cheaper, a regular pork tenderloin is $20, at Phils $11, 2 lbs of turkey and ham $11 regularly $7 for 1/2 a lb! Gatorade 2 for $5, usually 1 is $5. Chips were cheaper, cheese, granola bars, I walked around trying to look like I fit in when I really wanted to gasp and say "oh my gosh!" every time I picked something up. Needless to say I left a happy girl.


Rehearsal June 2010
Our 1 year anniversary is next weekend, un real! There's no way it's been a year.....just no way. But, since it really is next week, only because I can't control time otherwise my wedding day would still be going on, we haven't decided what to do! We don't want to spend money and travel since I'VE alone, done OUR fair share already this year, and we're trying to save for a big trip to Europe next spring, we have to do something less expensive, or something that will be totally worth our pennies. Our choices are down to swimming with the dolphins here at the Blue Lagoon Island, or get scuba certified which we've been wanting to do for so long. What ever it is we have to decide soon!


Doggie update:
We've been to the humane society here, and they have some cute dogs, totally breaks my heart seeing them all. So many need homes, but the guy said that they have a good adoption rate there so that's a relief. We're going back every few days to see the new dogs and puppies brought in, waiting for our hearts to be tugged on by a little pup who needs a home.


With a new place to food shop, which is exciting for me here and our anniversary around the corner and the possibility of a new family member, this week is going pretty well. I'm off for a Starbucks with a friend (yep I have one now), and then head downtown to work. Have a good week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment