Friday, August 31, 2012

Island Gal Photography

I have GREAT news!! I've finally decided to make my hobbie, my job! I've always loved photograghy, I always have a camera on me and I've wanted to do it professionally for so long. I either had a full time job (back in the states), didn't have a "real" camera, or i've been enjoying my first 2 3/4 yrs of marriage. I've since have no job and i've exhausted all of my time to enjoying and doing whatever I could to grab the full experience of living on an island and being a newlywed. Sooooo....i've been getting a little bored lately and back in June for my anniversary Darin got me an awesome camera, a Nikon D7000, i've never had such an intense camera before and if you know me well enough, as soon as life gives me something to do I dive right in and annoy everyone around for days or weeks because that's all I talk about (ie: Europe, 25 days!). I started out in my manual for a few days, then moved on to youtube videos and site seeing for practice. I've always had a creative eye and i'm usually very chit-chatty so I knew i'd be great with my clients and placing them how I thought would look best, I was just nervous about my camera skills. I started this last week Friday, I made my logo, made a Facebook fan page, put an ad on a local page for  a **FREE** family photo session and immediately got 16 responses. I wrote back everyone and in less than a week of starting out, I had 3 people actually follow through and make appointments, I also had 2 appointments from the girls at work so 5 total! Yesterday (Thursday) I had 3 of those appointments in one day, but I didn't mind because I want to get great photos for my website so people can see what I do....more photos = more business!! I feel like I did pretty good for my first go around, i'm excited to see where this goes and what I can learn as I continue to take more photos! Check out my site and facebook page and of course "like" it too :)  As always...enjoy!

www.islandgalphoto.com

http://www.facebook.com/IslandGalPhotography


No comments:

Post a Comment