Monday, January 24, 2011

PerSoNaL SPacE

You ever feel like your bubble of personal space is invaded? I'm not sure if it's just the Bahamas, but in Freeport and Nassau it's the same way. Whether it's in Wendy's or the electric company it's always the same. Today I went downtown to the mall where BEC (bahamas electric company) is, and it's just one long line that reminds me of Disney. The line goes pretty quick here but looks like an hour wait. So the personal space....no matter where you are waiting in line, the person behind you is centimeters away, pretty much standing on your heals. I'd have to admit, it was really uncomfortable at first and now I think I've started doing it to people, ONLY because the person behind me is doing it. I stood in line today with a lady SO close, I had my arms crossed, and if I uncrossed my arms I would of pushed her over. She was chewing her gum, not even smacking it and I could hear everything, like she was purposely doing it to annoy me. I felt like her mouth was an inch from my ear.

I had a lady tell me she thought I was in my late 30's.....hahahahhaa that's a first! I was a little caught off guard and told her "man I must look rough today", she saved herself by telling me that I just had a mature nature about me, like I was older and looked younger. Ok? Whatever I guess, I hope that doesn't happen again for a while.

I found a cockroach the size of half a snickers bar crawling across my utensils in the drawer last night. Totally freaked me out, now I open drawers and cabinets with caution...these things are HUGE here! Hopefully they don't jump in a box and move with me and Darin to our new house.

2 1/2 weeks till we move!!!!!!!!!

Did you see that video of the girl texting and trip/fall into the fountain in the mall?!?! LOL....well if you did, and you go to spiritair.com you'll see one of their "deals" has a video of a girl texting and tripping over the "$29" sign into a fountain!! The poor girl has started and epidemic, the talk of late night talk shows and comedic advertisement use.

No comments:

Post a Comment