Sunday, January 2, 2011

ChRIsTMas VaCA

I think I have so much to say since last time I wrote, that this is going to take me a few days. I went home for Christmas, and a 8 day trip turned into a 12 day trip because of delays. All I think about in my down time is "I gotta remember this for my blog", and by the time I write, I can't remember all the things I wanted to put in my blog. I thought of a way to write my ideas down to have them when I blog. I bought a notebook a while ago but when I write something down and I look at it later i'm like "why did I want to write about that"? So, I decided to write when i'm in front of the laptop and whatever comes is what I type. Over the Christmas break i've wanted to remember so many things, and now I can't remember, so i'm going to try and use the book idea again and write things down. Just thought you should know. :)

Maureen came over to visit on the 16th and she left the 19th same as me just different airlines. While she was here I've fallen in love with Gyros at this Greek restaurant, bought a Coach clutch that I don't remember buying, found a bar on the water that is awesome, got offered a cash job at it too, discovered a Bahamian Christmas craft fair and bought the cutest ornament for my mom, and great postcards. Mo (Maureen) got to try Guave Duff, which is a local dessert and one of my personal favs. She also tried the Conch Salad and loved it, another one of mine and Darin's favs. Mo brought our suitcases back so Spirit wouldn't charge me (new policy), and she also brought my crockpot and griddle. Needless to say I made pancakes for 4 days in a row :)

Darin and I were sooooo excited to come home for the holiday. I left Sunday before Christmas, and Darin came on the Wednesday night. I like to get there a few days before him so I can get some things done. The Christmas Eve service was one of the best i've ever been to I think. The food drive we usually do had already been done a few weeks before, so I was kinda bummed that we couldn't do that part of our Christmas Eve tradition. Christmas morning was fun I got to use my new Flip I bought and my mom took pictures. Got some good stuff and ate good food. My mom does mimosas and makes a potato cheese casserole, eggs, and sausage balls. We headed to Darin's sister's house and watched them eat a big breakfast, played with Jordis, and played the White Elephant gift exchange game. I ended up with a cool wine bottle that's wood and you can open it and all the little wine tools are in it, close it and put it back in you wine rack. Darin got a $25 gift card to Best Buy! Headed over to my grandmas house for a late lunch and saw my other bigger family and headed back to Darin's mom's house where I helped make dinner and made my own green bean casserole! Jared had a few mystery beers so we had our own beer tasting and watched a movie. Other than Christmas we saw our friends a lot and met people for lunch and dinner and wine nights, magic games, and downtown. There's always so much to do when we go home that I start to feel stressed out from driving place to place, and when you think you can have a down lazy day, someone calls and wakes you up to make lunch plans and it starts all over again. When we were leaving Tuesday and our flights got delayed till Friday....I thought this is the perfect way to stay home and do nothing for a few days. Darin got to leave on Tuesday afternoon and I stayed until Friday. The cold did catch up to me so I'm glad I got the time to stay in bed and watch tv for 2 days. Not many people knew I was home, to be honest, I didn't want the phone calls to make more plans and drive more places. Darin is right, I get to sit home and do nothing everyday anyway, but the feeling being in my old house is different then sitting at home here all day.

After the insane airport day we had Tuesday with my poor dad's car going there 3 times in one day, we've both made it home to Nassau. I came home Friday, New Years Eve, to a house that was flooded downstairs from a toilet, broken toilets, and a funky smell. The flood make the couch covers wet on the bottom, so later that afternoon I went to wash those first then do my laundry. Darin and I started watching the Dexter series, and after the first episode Darin went to get a drink. You have to know our kitchen is also our laundry room. Darin called me downstairs where I find the laundry machine is broken and the kitchen is flooded and the sick must of got backed up because there was crap left in the sink with a funky smell coming from it. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this house. We've found a few places to move to but we couldn't pull ourselves from the porch and our view. After the last few days here and today finding the water pressure to be a trickle, I think we're both ready to give up the view for a functional living space. Chad comes next week so hopefully he'll be able to help us find a place.

New years was good I guess, we just stayed at the house with our own cocktails because it was so expensive to go anywhere. No cover was less than $50, and most were at $100 or over. We had initially planned on going over to Abacco to hang out with Stacy and Todd but since I didn't come home till Friday afternoon we decided not to rush and get on another plane. The Sandals resort had great fireworks, as they always do. We were here for July 4th also and saw them. After the fireworks we headed to bed....stayed in bed all day, and now it's Sunday, and i'm still in bed and Darin's out on one of the pawned bikes making sure it's running and stuff still. He just called so i'm going to get ready so I can go for a leisure bike ride with him. See ya!!

p.s. I opened the bag of bagels I bought yesterday and they're molded....guess I gotta return them! Grrrrr
p.s.s. video and pictures to come of roller skating and Wii dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment