Tuesday, January 11, 2011

VacUuM ToiLetS

Last night my fb (facebook <--for my dad) status said "you know it's gonna be a good night when you're googleing (is that a word?), how to fix a vacuum toilet". Living in the Bahamas is so great, don't get me wrong, our backyard is to die for any given day, and it's such a laid back life who wouldn't love it. Our condo is very old, if it was new, or fixed, this place would be kickin!! In the last 2 weeks, we've had 3 toilets flood, the ceiling leak to the first floor from the second due to plumbing, the laundry basically exploded a flood out of it twice, last night we couldn't use the restroom, there was no pressure to flush, today I come home to a puddle in the living room, and throw my hands in the air WTH, ignoring that I go upstairs to hear a hissing noise, and MORE yep MORE water....towel washing tonight anyone, because I AM!! I clean the first bathroom head to the second and the smell of plumbing and what's in it hits me....who knows, I guess I had a rough enough few weeks but I break down and cry that I didn't sign up for this, maybe it's a sign I should go home until we've found a new place. Take a deep breath, clean THAT floor, only to head downstairs, clean that large puddle and make dinner. I did in fact sign up for this, it's apparently in small print on your wedding certificate that says "no matter what life throws at you...sign here!" Grrrrrrrr, so I did sign, need to find a peaceful place and accept things as they are, think positive and there's a plan for something better soon. Patience is hard to accept though, and i'm a patient person I thought. Well dinner's done, i'm venting with a straw in my beer so it goes down faster, and i'm PATIENTLY waiting for Darin to get home and share this new recipe i've tried. Tomorrow **fingers crossed** will be a much better day with NO surprises....


Oh that recipe is mashed potato flakes on chicken instead of breadcrumbs. I threw a little salt, pepper and all seasoning in it too. Letcha know how it tastes.....

2 comments:

  1. We used to have vacuum (didn't know how to spell vacuum, duh) when we lived in Hope Town, they suck, excuse the pun, but we never had any problems!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a lucky girl to never have a problem with those toilets. I MISS YOU!!! and the babes!!!

    ReplyDelete