Thursday, January 20, 2011

SurPRiSe!!!

Our 5 year (dating) anniversary day started last weekend and Darin and I were sitting at work Saturday morning. We get on facebook promptly at 10:15am (shop opens at 10am). Our friend Preston's birthday was that night, and he'd already posted a picture of like 10 slabs of ribs and all this chicken on a HUGE cooker thing. Darin calls Preston to wish him a happy birthday, we told him wish we could be there, it looked like it was gonna be fun, and everyone was gonna be out there all day. We hang up all bummed out totally wish we were home. I (stupidly) mentioned to darin, "well we do have that voucher for spirit airlines". That was the end of that! So maybe we started looking at tickets online, JUST TO SEE! 12pm comes around, Darin says "have you found anything yet". Tickets weren't cheap and I couldn't book anything online it seemed like since the flight I was looking at left at 2pm. You can't buy a ticket if it's less than 4hrs of the the scheduled flight. So....Darin's idea, is "ok, lets call bahamas air and see if they have 2 more seats, if so then we go, if not then we don't". I'm thinking, seriously we're doing this? I called kinda hoping it would be a full flight but noooooo the lady says there's 2 more seats, and check in time was now. Holy crap!! It's 12:30pm flight is at 2pm, we have to go home and put warmer clothes on and hopefully be there by 1pm. So we grab our laptops, run out the door of the shop to the car, speed to the house, Darin puts pants on, I grab my jacket and throw on my boots, put some stuff in our backpacks and run out the door to speed on to the airport. We get there at 1:05pm, Darin drops me off so he can park the car, I get up to the counter get our tickets and realize we can't turn back now, I just paid for tickets to do one of the stupidest things ever, especially because we leave the next day! I'm such a planner and everything has a schedule and a place in my life so this was a little crazy for me. Security wasn't so bad but by the time we got through it was 1:30pm (flight leaves at 2). The line for US customs was soooo long, it had us worrying we would never make this flight, we have about an hour wait. We're freaking out, and Darin starts to get mad and telling me to go cut someone, i'm like look buddy, you wanna do this, you go up there. We're standing there arguing who's gonna be the hero today, and I finally give in and grrrrrr at Darin and go to the front of the line where I found a guy on crutches (go for the hurt fella, he'll let me in), I ask him and this group of girls behind him if we could cut, and our flight is in 15mins or I wouldn't be asking of such a huge favor. They let us cut!! PHEW!!! So now we're 3 people deep in line for customs. We get though at like 1:58, run up the stairs, through the airport, give the lady our tickets, run down the terminal to the plane, Darin gets on and they stop me to search me. UGH! Well at least I made it to the plane, i'm so out of breath and in desperate need of water! We get on the plane and it's the longest 1.5 hours ever. Darin gets so excited going to Orlando, he's like a little kid. My brother made up an excuse to leave the party, so he picked us up in Alan's truck. We didn't tell anyone, not even our parents. We're on our way to Preston's and I called Laura (from Craig's cell phone) who is in Colorado and freak her out, she thought Craig was in the Bahamas LOL....I wasn't going to see Laura this weekend since her flight got in late on Sunday night and we left during the day, but I had to call. I had my flip camera on me so when we pulled into Preston's property Craig gets out first with my flip. Darin and I were ducking in the back seat, gave Craig about 15 seconds and we stepped out of the truck like it was just another day, Darin yelled he brought beer, everyone looked and freaked out! It was all caught on camera so i'll put up a video of that later. It was so much fun surprising our friends, we had a great time and great food. We saw our parents the next day at breakfast, we couldn't come to Orlando with out seeing them....and the rest is history. We're back home in the Bahamas and it felt so good to take off my jacket and boots, and get into my flip flops and tank top.

No comments:

Post a Comment